Skip to main content

Let sex be the dessert


Sex has been an activity we have invested in from the beginning of time. That dirty, secretive, heart racing, sheets wrinkling, bodies-colliding deed that we engage in, but dare not talk about in public. This three-letter word plays a major role in the world we live in today. It has strong ties to our society- its existence, longevity and foundation. Although, sex is essential in any intimate relationship, it sometimes is not effectively put to work by couples. People have sex for different reasons. Reasons could include love, attraction, lust/carnal desires, rebellion and so on. However, the focus here will be for couples who are in a relationship or want to form a relationship with a sex life that is nowhere near boring.  Now, foreplay is a word that comes to mind when we are asked of how to make sex better and more passionate. That is correct. The only problem is that many people do not know what foreplay is or how to correctly implement it. Knowing the definition of foreplay is different from actually knowing what it entails or where and when to practice it. In my teenage and early adult years, I thought foreplay was kissing, necking, fondling and so on. Boy was I wrong! What is foreplay then? Well since the ‘play” is sex and “fore” refers to before, it is clear to say that foreplay precedes sex. Therefore, kissing, necking, fondling and the other things, most people believe to be as foreplay is not foreplay since those are already forms or parts of the play. The actual foreplay takes place outside the bedroom. Simple things like calling your spouse or partner on the phone to check in on their day or just to hear their voice are forms of foreplay. Other examples of foreplay that couples can engage in are reading a book together, planning game or date nights, taking a walk, taking trips together, holding hands, flirting with each other, or simply complimenting each other’s appearance.  Making each other laugh is one of the greatest foreplay and this is beneficial more to the women than it is to men as studies have shown that humor makes a woman achieve orgasms during sex. This may be the reason women are more attracted to men with a good sense of humor. Obviously, not all men are funny and if being humorous is not your strongest suit, invest in other forms of foreplay or simply snoop around on YouTube and fish out funny videos and enjoy the laughs with your spouse/partner. The list of foreplay goes on but my guess is that you get the idea. Investing in foreplay is what distinguishes ordinary sex from passionate sex especially in a long-term relationship when the honeymoon phase of the relationship is long gone. So, go ahead and weave foreplay into the tapestries of your relationships and let sex be the dessert.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Find YOU

If you have read any of my blogs, you would know how I always emphasize the importance of relationships in our existence. Relationships not only gives meaning to our existence, but it also drives our daily routine and life. Our survival, adaptation and ability to exercise our emotions all stem from our engagements in different relationships. Therefore, it is safe to say that relationships play a key role in our lives. Every relationship we form with people is imperative to our growth as an individual, because those relationships in my many ways depicts who we are as a person. Our relationships with others may be important but the most important relationship we could ever form is the one we have with ourselves. Although, this is the most important relationship and the one that requires most of our energy and intentions towards building, it is the one we shy away from the most. We go into relationships with many people without actually having a proper understanding of who we are as a p

Donald Trump is just what America needs

Donald Trump, a known business man and TV personality is the 45th president of the United States of America. I remember being in a state of shock when he won the election last year and was inaugurated into office earlier this year.  Since the inception of his government, he has been controversial in his comments, actions and leadership style. This has caused a lot of hateful comments and criticism from celebrities.  Recent controversial comments from Trump include the racist comments regarding NFL players, belittling and preachy comments on Puerto Rico, Harvey Weinstein and Bob Corker. Trump's administration has brought about feelings of hate and disgust in people to the point that people have marched out in streets in protests as a means to voice their feelings. Although Donald Trump is a little child in an adult body because of his leadership judgment, mannerisms, choice of words and actions, he is just what America needs. This is because he is the most successful American presid

Date night fantasies POV

I know I have not been blogging for a bit. I did this for many reasons as I try to reinvent myself in writing. I just came up with this poem/erotica, well at least that's what I will call it for now and I figured I share and take your mind off the terrible situation the world is in with COVID-19. Enjoy the read. Stay SAFE! Date night fantasies POV I  think about picking u up and you're dressed in a silky dress that hugs to your body like cotton to hair strands. We go out and grab a bite. I bite and lick my lips as I stare across the table and behold your beauty. I picture my tongue all over your body but I hold back as my being becomes erect and my pants feel tight. The waiter approaches our table after our meal and asks, " do you guys want to look at the dessert menu?" I make a wish that you say no because I hope we can be each other's dessert tonight. You say no. We head to the car and just as I open the door for u, u turn around and I kiss u. We kiss for mi