Skip to main content

Where did we go wrong?

I had different topics that i wanted to discuss for this month's blog but i have struggled with this topic for a long period of time. I have seen it, heard it and lived it so i figured it is the best time to talk about it. Black people are the most talented and resourceful race in the world. We dominate sports, television, movies and music etc.  We are blessed with the intellect, creativity, mental and physical strength to accomplish set goals. However, we still are yet to progress as a people. We still wallow in mental and physical poverty. You'd think that with those innate qualities and talents, we'd be untouchable in making wealth but we are not. So what is the problem? Where did we go wrong as a people? Well the problem started many years ago when the first black person became a slave. We all know how the events of the slave trade era so I won't bore you with the details because this blog is not about slave trade. With all these innate qualities that makes us unique, we are yet to attain greatness as a people. I ponder on this every time and it bothers me to the extent that the thought of it sometimes keeps me up at night and makes my heart bleed. Although, we have broken free from the shackles of bondage from slavery, we still remain bound and chained. You may say but there are lot of black people who are doing well and that's right but as a whole we lack greatness.  We complain of racism towards us but segregation lies amongst us.  When we see each other succeed in anything, we become envious rather than learning the secrets of success from that person. When we see one of us down, we shy away from pulling that person up or finding ways to help that him or her. We laugh at that person and somehow see it as an avenue for joy and happiness.  I have seen and experienced this over the years that I have come to know the difference between right and wrong.  The question remains why are we this way? Where did it originate from? Well after pondering on this over the years, I can state for a fact that I do know why we treat each other in this manner or why we have failed to unite and progress as a people. It boils down to these three concepts that dictates our actions as black people. Firstly, we still hold on to grudges from our history of slavery. It sure is an important part of our existence and longevity.  However, unforgiveness of who sold whom or who bought whom is not helpful to us advancing forward. It is merely something to have at the back of my mind and not something to dwell on.  Secondly, we are victims of mental slavery.  As I aforementioned, we are free from the chains and shackles, yet we walk around bound in ways we act and in ways we deal with each other.  We need to emancipate ourselves from that mental defect by thorough reflections and insightful knowledge so that future generations of our kind are not left in the same situation. Thirdly, we care too much about how our outer image than our inner layers. We focus on designer clothings, flashy cars and so on while we settle on mediocrity in our thinking and character. We should shy away from expending much energy on what we accessorize our mortal selves with but be driven by the knowledge we feed our minds.The truth they say hurts but once we accept the truth, understand and implement it, we as a people blessed with these amazing innate qualities will rise and actualize our greatness.
Instagram ➡ @innatelycrowned

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find YOU

If you have read any of my blogs, you would know how I always emphasize the importance of relationships in our existence. Relationships not only gives meaning to our existence, but it also drives our daily routine and life. Our survival, adaptation and ability to exercise our emotions all stem from our engagements in different relationships. Therefore, it is safe to say that relationships play a key role in our lives. Every relationship we form with people is imperative to our growth as an individual, because those relationships in my many ways depicts who we are as a person. Our relationships with others may be important but the most important relationship we could ever form is the one we have with ourselves. Although, this is the most important relationship and the one that requires most of our energy and intentions towards building, it is the one we shy away from the most. We go into relationships with many people without actually having a proper understanding of who we are as a p

Donald Trump is just what America needs

Donald Trump, a known business man and TV personality is the 45th president of the United States of America. I remember being in a state of shock when he won the election last year and was inaugurated into office earlier this year.  Since the inception of his government, he has been controversial in his comments, actions and leadership style. This has caused a lot of hateful comments and criticism from celebrities.  Recent controversial comments from Trump include the racist comments regarding NFL players, belittling and preachy comments on Puerto Rico, Harvey Weinstein and Bob Corker. Trump's administration has brought about feelings of hate and disgust in people to the point that people have marched out in streets in protests as a means to voice their feelings. Although Donald Trump is a little child in an adult body because of his leadership judgment, mannerisms, choice of words and actions, he is just what America needs. This is because he is the most successful American presid

Date night fantasies POV

I know I have not been blogging for a bit. I did this for many reasons as I try to reinvent myself in writing. I just came up with this poem/erotica, well at least that's what I will call it for now and I figured I share and take your mind off the terrible situation the world is in with COVID-19. Enjoy the read. Stay SAFE! Date night fantasies POV I  think about picking u up and you're dressed in a silky dress that hugs to your body like cotton to hair strands. We go out and grab a bite. I bite and lick my lips as I stare across the table and behold your beauty. I picture my tongue all over your body but I hold back as my being becomes erect and my pants feel tight. The waiter approaches our table after our meal and asks, " do you guys want to look at the dessert menu?" I make a wish that you say no because I hope we can be each other's dessert tonight. You say no. We head to the car and just as I open the door for u, u turn around and I kiss u. We kiss for mi